Thursday, September 2, 2010

Don't let those swill merchants rewrite you.

Have you ever had one of those movies you just cannot stop watching?
I have that with Almost Famous.
Something so perfect needs to be watched again and again. Almost Famous has some of the best quotes in my little mind bank of movie quotes, some great fashion and a great story.

Patrick Fugit is such a cutie in this movie. God I just love him.

Kate Hudson's character Penny Lane inspired me to get this haircut. It didn't look that great on me, but I love it on her. Penny Lane is also maybe one of the coolest women in all contemporary movie history.

My favorite "Band Aid" was Polexia, played by True Blood's Anna Paquin. I especially love the dress she wears in this picture.

Lester Bangs, played brilliantly by Phillip Seymour Hoffman, said it best. "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."

6 comments:

  1. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is always the best! Have you seen Synecdoche, New York?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they went to your school! Me and my friends who went to see them are now totally obsessed. Almost famous is one of the best films EVER as well- I love it! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoffman has to be my fave !!
    its unbelievable that these peeps were in the same school back then !!

    many thanks for the comments as always ..
    glistersandblisters dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wanted to rewatch this movie after seeing re-runs of Rachel Zoe when Kate Hudson came out. she's so beautiful!

    http://www.benchesandchandeliers.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost Famous is one of my favorite movies too. I love the fact that it feels so 70s.

    As a reply to your comment; yes, my dog's a bichon :) They are very cute indeed, and funny, I might add. I love how they move their ears when you talk to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This movie is one of my faves!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete