Saturday, August 13, 2011

any time gone by was better--jorge manrique


When I heard the quote from Jorge Manrique, I realized that's how I've lived my life.
Especially concerning fashion. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of things about the present day; shorts, women's rights, indoor plumbing, medical advances. You know, the good stuff. What I really yearn for is the fashions from the past. While I was tumblr surfing, I discovered Historical Fashion Tumblr. I check it constantly. Below are my favorites




I want to wear allllllll of these.
Do you have a favorite historical fashion?

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gowns!!!! The romantic era was full of gorgeous dresses! My fave fashion era is the Regency and the 50's -70's several years ago I dreamed of past dressing and being garbed as a regency era gal whenever I went out. that never happened but I sure do love that period in fashion history!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, these dresses are devastatingly gorgeous. I used to long for the past all the time when I was young, to be able to dress in that kind of finery on an everyday basis.

    My favourite more modern decades are 40s and 60s but I really love the Victorian and Edwardian eras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful !!!!!!!!i'm following you!!!if you like mine,do the same!!

    ReplyDelete