Sunday, June 26, 2011

I will be good.

Currently I'm reading a biography of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, called We Two by Gillian Gill.
Of course, this makes me think of the movie The Young Victoria, which in turn makes me think of the beautiful clothes in the film. If it didn't make me look like a freak, I would totally rock a Victorian gown. Naturally I can't. But I was flipping through the May 2009 issue of Vanity Fair (I hoard them. I have stacks of them in my room. It's a little ridiculous.)and I saw the Michael Roberts spread of Emily Blunt, in Victorian inspired gowns.




All images from May 2009 issue of Vanity Fair

Back in March I was looking for fabric for my Junior Prom. I found this gorgeous polished cotton that I instantly fell in love with. I thought of this layout.


Did I go to that prom? Well no. I didn't. BUT! I will make this polished cotton into something spectacular for my senior prom, inspired by Queen Victoria!!!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful photos!! love the victorian style dresses <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos. I did not make it to mine too.
    Maybe we can follow each other?http://www.fashionmechic.com/

    ReplyDelete