Sunday, August 1, 2010

All year long we wait for sun. At the beach we come undone

My family and I made our 14 hour summer trek to Pawley's Island, South Carolina.
It's about an hour outside of Charleston and a truly beautiful place.

It was full of beautiful houses.


And antique stores...


I got a ton of reading done in this here hammock

And I'm just gonna plug the Old City Market in Charleston, S.C. It has maybe the best selection ever and I made these GREAT finds for fairly cheap!
(these finds will be a part of a separate post, as my camera is being stupid right now.)

I had to use this postcard as there were about 8 million people standing outside the Market and it didn't make a good picture!
Definitely go there if you are ever in the Charleston area. They have cheap Pashminas, sundresses and great jewelry!

10 comments:

  1. Some one should keep me away from the antique stores if I ever go to Pawley's Island, SC because I will buy everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, have fun! It looks like such a beautiful place. I've love hammocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous! Those houses are beautiful. What a lovely place to visit :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to go there!! and i want a hammock too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. looks like you visited lots of great places! nice photos!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Milk, I like the way you think. Sometimes I feel like I live more in the worlds I come across in books. And they definitely feel more like home than anything else. BTW, I did read The Diving Bell and the Butterfly and I liked it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely pictures, i love looking through antique shops and theres nothing better than sitting in a hammock! x

    ReplyDelete